Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Tuesday triangle: Aug. 21

Hello and welcome to my weekly post!  At least I try to have a new entry weekly.

Today I have a Dear Jane triangle to share, one that I appliqued a while ago. When you are following the work of Jane Stickle, those 4.5 inch blocks and those triangles. you have to think long term, and be happy with the little finishes along the way.

These triangles finish at 5 by 8 inches.  There IS a sense of accomplishment after appliqueing.



This triangle appears on the right side of the Jane Stickle quilt, as it is usually shown, and is known as Love forever.  The pencil line is where I will eventually trim - I cut my background fabric a little large in case of fraying.

Please see dearjane.com for more explanation of the 1863 quilt I am slowly reproducing in blue and white.

Linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Let's Bee Social, Silly Mama quilts, Can I get a Whoop Whoop.  

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl


Viridian

2 comments:

Brooke said...

thanks so much for sharing!
it will be fun to see all your blocks together!

thanks for linking up!

brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

Rebecca Grace said...

Ooh, I LOVE Dear Jane quilts! That one is on my bucket list for sure. That's a great tip, oversizing the triangles.

Related Posts with Thumbnails