Friday, July 29, 2011

Jane is back in the house!!!

After a longer hiatus that I thought, I am back at my blocks in the style of Jane Stickle.


This is B-12, or Starflower.  In looking at my spreadsheet I realize I must have prepped this block in the fall of 2009!  I had just seen Jane's quilt (the Mother quilt) and had been blown away by it.  I prepped this block as reverse applique, as that is how the block appeared to be done in the mother quilt.  (That is machine stay stitching around the outside). I did one leaf shape and stopped.

Why?  I think I now know why.  I am, I must admit, 50.  No matter if they say 50 is the new 30 (ha!) the fact is your vision changes.  With mature eyesight I must hold things farther away to focus on them, and then I can't see the detail.  Or I take off my glasses and hold things very close and suffer eyestrain.  Of course I am too proud to go to my eye doctor and talk about progressive lenses (that used to be called bifocals)!  Not me, not yet!

Well I hunkered down and finished this block.  And I think I will revisit my notes and continue on.  I have done so much already.  Now to find everything.  I have moved my quilting stuff from an upstairs bedroom to a newly refinished basement.

Viridian
138 blocks, 42 triangles, 1 corner, 4227 pieces.

4 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

I have seen others progress with the quilt and thought- not me, not now. Then I found the book on sale and guess what? purchased the book, pulled the fabrics from stash and hopefully that will do till i gift the set to a daughter in law(lol) one of these days I can say Did That but for now it is just a TO DO.

Paula said...

Welcome back to your DJ. You have already 138 blocks and 42 triangles, wow, you are almost there.
Very nice block B-12.

Happy stitching.

Miri said...

WOW with that much done you really do have to finish!

I've just started sewing the rows together and I'm thinking of not doing the triangles...I'm thinking of an applique border instead. Would that be terrible?

Retrogirl said...

Jane must be in the air....I've put it aside too and need to get back. Thanks for the update & inspiration.
Happy Stitching,
Heather
=)

Related Posts with Thumbnails