Wednesday, April 20, 2022

New Start: Cups and Saucers pattern

 Good day, and thanks for visiting my blog!

Don't we all like a new start, now and again?

I pulled out my vintage fabric and feedsacks and had a cutting part last week and during this week. I have purchased items off ebay when I can get them at a good price, or at antique fairs, or antique malls, even at thrift stores.  I cut squares of feedsacks and backing fabric (Kona Snow) for no waste flying geese:

https://www.patchpieces.com/files/flyinggeese.pdf

Remember a scant 1/4 inch seam allowance, or the geese blocks will be a touch too small.  

And put together 12 inch blocks using this pattern:

https://www.patchworksquare.com/mf/cups-and-saucers-quilt-block.pdf

It's fun to see the blocks come together. 


These are the first two blocks to be made.  Since I had all my vintage feedsacks out, I also cut squares for two other projects.  I'll get to them later this spring or summer.  I am having fun with these blocks.  I now have 6 blocks made.  More on these next week!

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread Thursday, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

den said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Quiltpiecer said...

Your blocks are so pretty! I love the vintage fabrics. Thank you for sharing the links to the tutorial. Look forward to seeing more. Happy quilting!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Viridian, those are lovely fabrics and blocks. Have fun!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh wow!! I LOVE those blocks!!! They are so cool!!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great blocks! And what a good idea to cut another quilt or two while you have the fabric out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails