Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Scrappy Mountain Majesties Finish

 Good Day, and welcome to my blog!  I have a finish to report.

I blogged in 2020 about starting Scrappy Mountain Majesties by Bonnie Hunter. (see that post for some advice.)  I got this project to a top and there it sat.  Well time moves on and it's time for a finish.  I quilted this myself, in the ditch, on my trusty old Kenmore sewing machine.


Many vintage fabrics in here, including the border and binding, which is at least 30 years old.  Speaking of binding, I did not have enough and added in another Christmas fabric for the last few inches.


One starts with  2 large squares of fabric for each block, but following Bonnie's directions, you slice and rearrange the fabric.  Sometimes a striped fabric will be going in different directions:


Or a novelty fabric will be nearly unrecognizable, like these rainforest frogs:


But's it's a fun pattern, and looks more complicated than it really is.  Finished size is about 54 inches by 73 inches, a good lap quilt size.  No home for this one yet.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread Thursday, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

8 comments:

For the love of geese said...

Gorgeous greens, one of my fave patterns. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Vicki in MN said...

A great finish! I did one in greens a long time ago too, it's a fun design.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Viridian! I made a table runner using this block many moons ago when I first started quilting. I have always wanted to make another one, especially now that I'm a much better sewer. Just seeing this lovely finish reaffirms my desire to make one - now! Really nice job! Thanks so much for linking up today on TGIFF. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that is so cool!!!
Love the little bit of Christmas fabric in the binding!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's really pretty in all the greens! I've never made that pattern, but would love to someday. Beautiful finish!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a lovely finish and kudos for you to "wrangle" it on your domestic sewing machine to quilt it! Bonnie is such a master at creating patterns that not only look complicated but aren't as well as using every sort of fabric available!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lovely! I started a quilt using Bonnie's pattern. I should go and try and find them :)

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Susan said...

Great looking quilt and congrats on quilting it yourself on your trusty machine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails