Thursday, October 1, 2020

Just an update

 Hello and welcome to my blog.  I have just a quick update today.  My Crayon box project now has a border and is a completed top.  I had a navy blue fabric (2.5 yards) that toned down all the brown in the quilt blocks.


Yes that's navy blue fabric not black.  The Crayon Box blocks are set next to each other, not with sashing as the original pattern suggested.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl


Viridian

5 comments:

Kimberly Smith said...

I think all the rectangles are sort of 'self-sashing.' It's a beautiful color palate.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh it is looking good!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are great block, and I like the colors you've put together! It's always a big step to get the borders put on!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

LOVE this quilt! The blue border was a great idea, as was leaving out the sashing. I was sort of ho-hum about this pattern until I saw your variation. Now I want to make one!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

So much scrappy goodness. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails