Wednesday, February 26, 2020

triple star in 30's reproduction fabrics

Once again I have a new start - I can't seem to help it!  A number of new starts I have shown previously will go to a local long arm quilter in a few weeks, and will eventually get done.
In the meantime...
Perusing the book Scrap Basket Beauties by Kim Brackett (from the library) I came across her triple star pattern.  How delightful to do this in 30's reproduction fabrics, with an off-white background:


I have 8 blocks done and I will sash them with the same off white fabric.
A close up:


Fabric pieces are cut 2.5 inches wide, to finish at 2 inches wide.  More sewing this week on these blocks.  I may stop at 12 blocks, rather than the 16 in the book pattern.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

Marti said...

These are beautiful, made even prettier in 30's fabrics! I can't wait to see how you finish it.

Jayne said...

I love this Triple Star! It's perfect for Feed Sack reproduction fabrics! I've got a bin full of these that is going to be my next stash buster project. I'll have to keep this block in mind!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those blocks are SEW awesome!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is such a cool block!!! I really like how the star forms in the center too! What fun starts you have!

Yvonne said...

What a lovely block - just perfect for your 30's fabrics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails