Thursday, February 20, 2020

A quilt is bound and done!

I have a UFO (Un-Finished Object) finish. A quilt first described in this post.  A new start - always so inviting - in May and June of last year.  Well I finished the top and sent it out to a local long-armer, and had a tight stipple quilted edge to edge.  It is the Oh My Gosh pattern, though using squares of a larger sized than the designer intended.


Each small square finishes at 1 inch.  Below, a close up of a corner:


I used a lot of reproduction fabric, including neutrals and shirtings for this quilt.  It finishes at 71 by 80 inches.  Intense piecing, but a lot of fun to see the pattern come together.  I am so glad to see this finished.  No recipient as of yet, just storage on the pile of finished quilts.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks wonderful. Great finish for a Sue Garmon pattern. I have always loved it, but just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Susan said...

Definitely intense piecing, and well worth it - nicely done!

chrisknits said...

I love it!! These types of quilts hit all my buttons!

For the love of geese said...

Congrats on the finish, it's so pleasing to my eyes. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That pattern makes a lovely quilt (no matter the size of the pieces!!)

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Lovely. Brings me back to my early ventures in quilting (1988) when McClosky and Martin were sharing traditional patterns upgraded for precision machine piecing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is just so pretty!!! Love all the colors - and the tiny pieces - Oh my!!

gayle said...

Fabulous! I've got this quilt on my Someday List, so I'm admiring your strategy of working with bigger pieces. Good thinking!

Chantal said...

Congratulations on this fabulous finish! I love Oh My Gosh quilts and your rendition is gorgeous. ;^)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Hurray for a lovely finish! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Raewyn said...

Beautiful finish - and it looks great in the larger sized blocks. I'm currently making the small version of this - love making it but very long term :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails