Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Anniversary quilt bound and done

Hello and welcome to my blog!
Another finish to report.  The quilt I made for our wedding, on our bed for (cough, cough) years, was showing wear.  Therefore I made a replacement Anniversary quilt, featuring some of the same fabrics (yes my stash has many long-lived fabrics in it!)  I used Bonnie Hunter's pattern called Crayon box - one of the free patterns on her website.

Gray in the centers of the blocks to calm it down, but it's a busy pattern.  Below, a view of a portion of the quilt.


A grayish batik for the border.  This was quilted by a local long-arm quilter.  I picked a pattern of swirls with hearts, and she did a great job.
A close up of the quilt and border:


Now onto my next project: a retro 1940's pattern that involves cutting pieces from templates, no rotary cutting.

Linking up with Let's Bee Social, Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-Marie,  Finished or Not at Busy Hands quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

For the love of geese said...

Isn't it funny the many styles quilters have? Two of my sisters also quilt, one likes floral vintage looking fabrics such as the reproductions. I call her a victorian quilter. The other...lets just say the louder, the flashier the colors the better. Me, I like more muted colors which are a little trickier to find but when I do find them I go overboard on my purchase. Our quilts reflect our personalities. Congrats on the anniversary and thank you for linking up with Put your foot down.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Great scrappy quilt and extra special with fabrics from the past.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a fabulous replacement quilt!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful scrap collection!

Susan said...

Great quilt! I like the grey squares you added

Kathy S. said...

Love this block! Perfect for scraps. Beautifully done. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails