Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Log Cabin quilt top

Well, the 1940's retro pattern quilt project, mentioned in my last post, is not ready for its reveal.
Here is a top I finished to get it out of the way of the retro project.

Log cabin Courthouse steps blocks, logs finishing at 3/4 inch I believe.  I squared the blocks (a long tedious process) and began setting them together.  Oh no, some were not the same size!  A few were a little large, or a little small.  I guess I waver a bit in my seam allowance.  I matched them as best I could.  Some of the outer logs may be a little narrower than 3/4 inch - but it doesn't really show.


Close to single bed size, a little narrow.  This is an older UFO (Unfinished object) and I found 99 blocks.  Well that must be a 9 by 11 setting then. (No notes with the blocks, of course!)


A close up of the fabrics used.  I had scraps and short fat quarters I wanted to use up.  The red fabric in the center is left over from backing to a quilt.  The bright blue is left over from a border used in a previous quilt.

No borders yet on this top.  Nothing I have appeals to me, and I think I may leave it as it is.

Linking up with Let's Bee Social, Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

For the love of geese said...

With that many fabrics who's gonna be paying attention to if the blocks are the same size? The eyes don't slow down enough to focus on one area to notice. It looks great and I am sure you are relieved to be finishing it. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a great top! And what small logs!! they really add to the beauty of this one!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your quilt top is beautiful. I agree, it looks perfect without borders. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails