Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Yet another quilt top July 31

Good day!
Once upon a time I had a great number of cut 2 inch strips of 30's reproduction fabric, as shown in this post.  I set myself a challenge - how many quilt tops can I make from these strips, not adding too much in the way of background fabric?
Well, I am up to quilt top #3, another one in the pattern of Crayon Box by Bonnie Hunter:


This looks very much like the first crayon box top, only there is more green fabric in the strips, and a green border.  The first Crayon box quilt had more yellow, and a yellow border.
And you know, there were still strips of fabric left over.

So I am in the midst of piecing quilt #4, a Chinese coins style quilt, not ready to be pictures.  Oh yes, and a doll quilt, made from 2 inch squares, all leftovers:


Layered and ready for quilting.
This is what's left:


Will it never be used up?!

Linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Let's Bee Social, Silly Mama quilts.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian



3 comments:

Jenny said...

You have done very well sewing through that big pile of strips. I'd like to see how your coin quilt turns out, and the dolly quilt made with squares is gorgeous!

Melanie said...

So lovely! I love patchwork quilts!!!

PaintedThread said...

I swear the scraps breed when you're not looking. I like what you've made with your scrap.

Related Posts with Thumbnails