Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Quilt top July 17

Hello and welcome, on these warm days in the American Midwest!

I am back after a week away on vacation to visit family.  Before I left I attacked two boxes of 2 inch fabric strips, of 30's reproduction prints.  I had cut them earlier for a planned Trip Around the World quilt project.  The mojo for that project fizzled.  What to do with all those strips, about 18 inches long, cut mostly from fat quarters, and some yardage?


And how many quilt tops can I make from these strips?

First up:  I resized and recalculated Bonnie Hunter's pattern for Crayon Box from a 12 inch block, sewn with 2.5 inch strips, to a 9 inch block, sewn with 2 inch strips.  A little drawing with graph paper and I had it.  On to sewing, with a wide variety of those 30's prints.


White fabric centers are from leftovers from quilt backs.  8 blocks by 10 blocks leads to a 72 by 90 inch quilt top.  Still undecided on borders - maybe none.
  I like the way this turned out - bright and colorful.  And those boxes of fabric strips above?  Look barely touched.  I have more sewing to do!

Linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Let's Bee Social, Silly Mama quilts.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian Pin It

2 comments:

Brooke said...

awesome job!

thanks so much for linking up!

brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

Sharon said...

I have a few boxes of strips like yours! Love what you did with them...what a sweet quilt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails