Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tuesday Quilt block March 17

I am running late today! And our local area network (our house) had lousy internet connection this AM.

The fabric for this past week was chrome yellow.


I have almost this exact fabric in an antique quilt from South Dakota.  the only difference between the real thing and the reproduction above is that the motif is aligned parallel to the grain of the fabric, and the repro has it on the diagonal.  Clever!


This second block will not iron flat.  Maybe it will quilt out.

I am linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Quilt Story as I do most weeks I have blocks to share. Both blog hops have pictures of pretty quilt blocks and other projects. I am also joining Work in Progress Wednesday - some colorful and interesting projects there!

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

   Pin It

2 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

The fabrics really do look almost identical! I'm sure you'll be able to quilt the block flat.

Sandy said...

Interesting the new and the old. It must have been a popular pattern to have something still so close to it. Quilting, I've dabbled but not with any historic/real quilting type squares. I'm out blog visiting today, gearing up for the upcoming a-z challenge. Looking forward to meeting new bloggers.

Sandy at Bridge and Beyond

Related Posts with Thumbnails