Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Fragments April 27

Let's fragment away.

 Mommy's Idea

*****
 Newest news first. #1 son is suspended for 5 days and I interrupted my blogging to go pick him up at school this morning. He has this occasional habit of picking up cigarette butts and collecting them in a plastic bag. He cannot explain why. He doesn't smoke. Well, today he brought this bag to school and was found out. There is a no-tobacco policy at school so he is suspended.  The vice principal was apologetic, as he too knows #1 Son does not smoke. 
As always, Son claims he's not in trouble.

*****
The agony of twelve year old girl friendships:  A misunderstanding between the Girl and a friend blew up and involved other girls.  And some other girl's cell phones were used to send not-nice texts to the friend.  My daughter does not have a cell phone but she was involved, so she is grounded too, for a week.  I don't think she is getting a cell phone anytime soon.  12 is too young to have a cell phone!  The potential for misuse is so high.

*****
I wasn't able to get to my sewing room this week and do any sewing or quilting, so no Tuesday quilt block.  Maybe next week, when I am home with #1 son.

*****
It's the last week of school at the college where I work.  So stress levels are high, among faculty and students.  Finals week comes almost as a relief to some of us.

*****
It's an old saying, but I wish I had this as a bumper sticker:  "Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasekt?"

Viridian

See more fragmenters at Mrs. 4444's blog.


  Pin It

9 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

I love it! Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket. I might have to appropriate it for my refrigerator door---instead of "I don't eat between snacks."

Actingbalanced said...

It's finals week for hubby too... I'm so sorry that it looks like such a tough week for you!

My daughter was 12 and in middle school when she got her phone - partly because I needed to be able to contact her but she has only been granted texting privileges this year because she has started to contribute to the cost of the phone...

Tracy said...

I think middle school girl drama is the worst. My daughter went through three sets of friends (one each year) but it settled down when she got to high school.

Bill Lisleman said...

A-tisket a-tasket
...
A little boy he picked it up and put it in his pocket.
--
This nursery rhyme cover your post fairly well. I agree with you on 12 year olds not needing cellphones. But I not that's not the trend.

Keetha Broyles said...

I taught middle and high school and you are sooooo right - - - girl fights are WAY WORSE than boy fights. Boys club each other a good one, then it's over. Girls are mean for days and days.

Unknown said...

It's been a tough week for you. I hope the sewing was therapeutic. I think 12 is too young for cell phones, too. As you say, the potential for abuse is too risky.

Wayne W Smith said...

End of term sucks for everyone. The last week has a high stress level at the best of times.

As for your son, I would take him to a psychologist and get a diagnosis - there is some sort of compulsive disorder going on there...it would save him the suspensions.

nancygrayce said...

I worked with juvenile delinquents for many years and I say girls are the worst! They can be so mean.

Thanks for visiting my blog! I enjoyed yours!

"GB" said...

Finals are this week at our University as well. The students are looking forward to it but the madness of year end is starting for the rest of us. Hang in there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails