Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Hamilton Gardens Quilt Finish

 Good day, and welcome to my blog.

In 2025 at the start of my retirement I started on the pattern Hamilton Gardens by Bonnie Hunter.  Blocks are sewn together and set on point for a dynamic look.  She gave instructions for filling in the triangles around the edges that come with such a setting.  But I used plain setting triangles, as you will see below.

Start of the project is described in this blog post.

Progress on blocks is described in this blog post.

The start on assembly is described in this blog post.

Today I report that the top has been quilted by my local long armer quilter, and it is bound.

And a closer look:


Every so often, the reproduction fabric squares will contain the image of a flower, a girl, or a train.

On to the next project!

Linking up with Monday Musings, Sew and Tell at Melva Loves Scraps, Design Wall Monday, Wednesday Wait Loss, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Nina-Marie, Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, From Bolt to Beauty, I Quilted This! at Quilting and Learning, Frederique at Quilting, Patchwork, Applique, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

1 comment:

Vicki in MN said...

It's a beauty with all those little scraps! Congrats on the finish.

Related Posts with Thumbnails