Thursday, April 13, 2023

Progress on two fronts

 Hello, and welcome to my blog.

I don't have a finish, but I have been able to make some progress on two projects.

First a small doll quilt for an exchange:


This is 12 by 18 inches, and yes, needs to be trimmed and bound.  It is supposed to look as if it time traveled from the past - so I used reproduction reds and shirting fabrics.  The exchange is hosted by Lori at Humble Quilts.  I need to get going on this!

Second, I have been moving ahead on snowball blocks, using a pattern from a book by Julie Hendricksen.  The individual blocks finish at 4 inches square.


Here is what I have so far, laid out on the floor.  I have a ways to go, but I am liking how this looks.  Again, reproduction fabrics in navy blue, black, red, pink, and shirting fabric.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

8 comments:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The doll's quilt is very impressive. If I did the math correctly the flying geese are 1.5" H x 3" small. Doable, but still small. Your chose of fabric is perfect for an antique look.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I just love your repro projects! The look is very authentic. Julie Hendricksen's books are some of my favorites, and her shop in Sun Prairie is a great road trip.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a terrific doll quilt. You nailed the reproduction feel!

chrisknits said...

I love that mini! A good way to interpret the prompt, it looks very vintage.

Rebecca Grace said...

Both projects are looking great, Viridian, but I'm especially smitten with your snowballs as that's a pattern that has always appealed to me. I have a snowball pattern in one of my quilt blocks but that pattern uses much larger blocks, from layer cakes, I think. I like your 4" snowball blocks much better!

Susan said...

I especially like the snowballs. I don't know why I never used them as leader enders, and if I made 6" blocks, I'd have reasonable size bonus triangles for another quilt. Thanks for the inspiration. I like the doll quilt, too, but I don't do doll quilts. Still I love making flying geese! I could make a bigger one. Very profitable post for me to read. =) Thanks!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Both of your projects are such candy for the eyes! Lovely selection of reproduction fabrics. Those snowball blocks are so pretty! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Progress totally counts!!! and the enjoyment that comes from moving two such great projects along!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails