Thursday, March 30, 2023

Tops to the long arm quilter

 As mentioned in my previous post, I have been working flat out in my day job.  But I have gotten a little stolen time in my quilting nook in the basement.

My cookie tin has more blocks in it.


These are block parts for two different projects.

And, I assembled a top and put borders on it.


All 30's reproduction fabric.  A close up:


Pretty electric I would say!  Next, a top of Criss cross stars (what is the correct name for this block?) done in real vintage fabric and feedsacks:


And a close up:


Both quilt tops (and backing) have been dropped off at the long arm quilter.  I use Boone's Quilting - you can find her on Facebook.  She does a great job.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

9 comments:

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Wow two more tops almost finished! Can't wait to see how they look after the longarmer. Love the vintage fabrics. So sweet. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

Andrea said...

They are gorgeous projects!

grammajudyb said...

Both awesome quilts. I don't know the correct name for the star block but I call it Fabulouis!

Nancy said...

The black and natural on-point squares are a show-stopper for this quilt. Really, really wonderful!

chrisknits said...

Both will be wonderful quilts, but I love that first one.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Gorgeous quilt tops! I'm sure they'll be amazing quilts. I looked up your block in Barbara Brackman's encyclopedia, but I didn't find that exact configuration. The closest one was called Mosaic by Nancy Page, but it had hsts in the four corners. If I were documenting it, I would call it a Mosaic variation, but I like Criss Cross Stars better!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Gosh you did get a lot done!!! I like that 30's repro one - that black and white chain is to cool with all those other colors!

Bonnie said...

Congrats on two finished tops. (And, you work full time? Yikes. You are dedicated.) I've made a Lori Holt block called Criss Cross Stars that is very similar to yours. I believe it only has a square in the center and star points are set with more background fabric showing. You can google that name and see how she does yours. Neat to use vintage fabrics.

Marti said...

Those are both pretty quilts and neither easy. I really like the criss cross and love that you made it with vintage fabrics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails