Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Almost a top; I've been working in a series

 Good day and welcome to my blog.

I have been busy at my day job and have not gotten into the sewing area as much as I would like.  But I managed to sew some units together on my blue and brown log cabin  project.  It's almost a top - just a few long seams to go.


Laid out on the floor of my messy sewing area.

I find I have been doing a series of similar quilts, with diagonal movement to them.  This is my third log cabin quilt using the same pattern, so that is pretty obvious.  I have done the log cabin pattern in pink and white:


and red and white.


Also, not so obvious, a four patch quilt set to emphasize the diagonal:


And a batik and black top, also with diagonal movement.


Interesting.  I like all of these projects very much.  The tops I will continue to finish this Spring and Summer.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread ThursdayCan I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

10 comments:

Susan said...

Great looking 'series' quilts

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh gosh - those are all so great! I love what you are working on now! Don't you just get frustrated when those day jobs get in the way - haha!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What a fabulous group of quilts. I'm in love with the red log cabin. Happy quilting.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Log cabin quilts are so versatile. Looks like you are having fun exploring diagonal motifs. That is quite the series you have created.

Norma Schlager said...

What a great series! I love the endless variety of the Log Cabin.

Margaret said...

I love how the entire series comes together because of the focus on the diagonal. Definitely a neat idea for a series!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love every scrappy quilt you shared. So much inspiration. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Rebecca Grace said...

Look at all of those beautiful log cabin variations!! Each one is more beautiful than the last. I like diagonal lines better than straight horizontal sets, too. So much more energy when the design flows across the quilt at an angle, like a bolt of lightning!

Bonnie said...

nothing like a good setting idea -- especially if you can use it for so many different blocks. I really like the pink/red log cabin blocks. I keep playing with the idea of starting a log cabin or half log cabin quilt. Haven't proceeded to yet.... there's always tomorrow.

For the love of geese said...

Funny how we sometimes do that and you are very good at the angled designs. All of your quilts are very pretty, thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails