Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Happy Surprises now a top

Hello and welcome to my blog!

It took a few weeks, but I finally have a top.  As described in this post, I worked on a newly published pattern in the June American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.  The quilt block is not square, and there is the illusion of continuous columns, as seen in the picture below:


I used various pieces, scraps, and fat quarters of bright 1930's reproduction fabrics.  The top is about 48 by 68 inches, so a throw size.  

Below: a close up and the picture of the larger quilt in the APQ magazine.


(The project size in the magazine was more like 82 by 90+ inches.)  Whew!  I am glad it's a top, and I am in no rush to quilt it.  I will probably send it to a local lady who does wonderful long arm quilting.

On to the next project!  I am pulling out Civil War reproduction fabrics (of which I have Many!) and cutting for three projects: a double four patch, the Growing up Odd Quilt  from the Wedding Dress Blue blog, and the Crayon Box pattern ( Free pattern from Bonnie Hunter).

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

8 comments:

Angela said...

Oh so pretty!

chrisknits said...

Such a pretty and wonderful top!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Lovely scrappy top. I will have to check out the interesting pattern.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It turned out SO great! i love the use of all the pastels on whites - it makes those 30's prints pop!!

Jayne said...

What a great design! It looks so good with the feedsack fabrics!

Wendy said...

The pattern works perfectly with your fabrics, a beautiful finish!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Congratulations on your beautiful top! The 30s prints were a great choice for this design.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Perfect pattern for those fabrics. I love it. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails