Friday, October 11, 2019

It's a finished top

Hello and welcome!

I have been busy at my day job and haven't had much time for quilting.  I did assemble my pinwheel blocks described in this post.  I described how the 4 quadrants of the block did not line up.  Luckily the  blocks were a bit too big, and just needed trimming to 12.5 inches square.  Hurrah!

The current top looks like this:


That is real feedsack fabric from the 1940's as borders.  I was lucky to find 2 matching feedsacks on ebay.  I now wish I had put a thin white inner border on - but too late now.

Final size:  57 by 81 inches, a throw size.  The green secondary pattern looks great at this distance, but a close look shows that the green pattern pieces don't always match!  It's time to take this top to the long arm quilter I frequent.

Now I have two days off from the day job.  Other than finishing this top I have not been inspired to do anything.  I will try to do some sewing, or cutting for a new project, tomorrow.

Linking up with Let's Bee Social, Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful quilt top! I’ve never seen that top with the secondary (green) pattern. That is fabulous!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a great top!! it is so unique!! don't you just get annoyed when the day job gets in the way - ha ha!

Susan said...

Wow! That's really pretty - love the blocks and the extra feature

Lynn said...

Turned our really lovely. No one (except a far too picky quilter) ever notices what doesn't match, they're too dazzled by all that beautiful work!

Jayne said...

Beautiful! I have a soft spot for feedsack fabric! This quilt and design is beautiful!

chrisknits said...

What a lovely quilt! Hope you find some inspiration for the days off!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I don't think I have ever seen this piecing design. It is lovely. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

For the love of geese said...

It looks great and if you are not happy with it when it comes back from the LA let me know. I will be happy to take it off your hands. Thank you for linking up to PUt your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails