Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Tuesday Oct. 31 quilt block

Good evening on Halloween and welcome to the Tuesday quilt block.
I am sharing one from the top row, about in the middle of the row, called Dad's Plaids:


It's always fun to use a plaid fabric or geometric fabric for this block.  I do my applique by ironing freezer paper on the wrong side of the fabric, ironing the seam allowance over, and basting the seam allowance down. (For melons: place the long dimension of the melon on the bias, not the straight of grain - this really helps.) I then place the melons in place and sew in place using silk thread and the most invisible stitch I can manage.  One does have to cut a slit in the back of the block to pull out the freezer paper, which I don't mind but some people could find a drawback.

Linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Let's Bee Social.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

Pin It

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This is very striking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails