Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Jelly roll top - fun!

So I purchased a jelly roll of pretty Christmas fabric, on a whim.


What to do with it?  Why not a jelly roll race quilt, also known as a lasagna quilt?  Off I went to the internet, and found instructions and pictures at Wee Folk Art.  Their instructions are very clear!
Here I am, sewing strips together:


  I had some problems with twists in the strips but soldiered on. I worried about the same fabric ending up next to each other, but told myself, "trust the process!" In about 5 hours (time off for making and eating dinner)  I was done:


There are clusters of green and light colored fabric, but I will keep it.  I will border this (time to order more fabric - sigh) and then quilt on my own machine.

Want to try?  Check out Wee Folk art's directions.

I am linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River as I do most weeks I have projects to share. Follow the link to pictures of pretty quilt blocks and other projects.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails