Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Tuesday Quilt post

Happy Tuesday to you!  I have been able to do quilty stuff this past week and have a mostly finished project to share with you today.  It is a version of Pineapple blossom  - pattern and directions by Bonnie Hunter.  I have set the blocks together a different way than she shows.


And a close-up:


The blocks are set edge to edge and the movement of the flying geese is accentuated.  I bought 2 and a third yards of the pale yellow for the geese and used 2 yards - if you make this pattern allow for that!  All the medium dark fabrics are from very old stash.  It's good to use them up.  The top only needs borders now.

I am linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River as I do most weeks I have projects to share. Follow the link to pictures of pretty quilt blocks and other projects.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails