Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Tuesday Quilt Project Aug. 9

Now that the big quilt is quilted, I have turned to another project of interest.
I have collected feedsacks and vintage fabric for some time and I have finally started cutting them up for a reproduction project.
I saw a quilt on line - on ebay - a vintage 1930's or 1940's quilt that I could not afford, but I really liked the pattern.  It had five columns of small squares of scrappy fabrics.  White fabric in between.  Below is the beginning of the version I am making.


That is my craft room carpet!  Imagine these columns longer, and against white fabric.  I have quite a ways to go on this!  Luckily I have a large array of vintage fabric, and I have cut many many two inch fabric squares.

I am linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Quilt Story as I do most weeks I have porjects to share. Both blog hops have pictures of pretty quilt blocks and other projects.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl
Viridian
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails