Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Fragments August 10

Mommy's Idea 

 It's Friday and time to fragment! see Mrs. 4444's blog for more fragments.

******
Alert readers will notice that I have taken down my weight loss ticker.  That is because now is not the time to for me to lose weight.  In fact lately I have been gaining my weight back - almost all of it.  So the ticker was a bit of a joke.  Life is stressful here for a variety of reasons.  To have the expectations (mostly self-imposed) I have AND lose weight - it's too much.  So my flabby midwest self will try not to GAIN anymore.  And try to eat healthy.

*******
Last Friday, long after finishing my Friday fragments, I received a letter from The Girl at camp.  There were sad faces all over the envelope, which was a clue as to its contents.
"Dear Mom:
Pick me up early PLEASE!  I hate it here!  Nobody likes me!  I've been stung by bees!"  Etc. Etc.

Is it OK to laugh and have your heart break at the same time?  Because that is what happened.  The letter was mailed on Monday, and took its sweet time in traveling 60 miles.  Well our plans were to pick up The Girl and Second Son on Friday anyway so no early pickup.  I got a big hug from the Girl when I arrived (in front of other kids even!).  And the news that yes, things did get better, though camp this week wasn't as fun as last week.

********
With all three kids back at home this week the fighting, insults, and yelling has increased.  See note about stress levels above.  Only 23 days until they go back to school.

*******
Only 12 more days until I have to go back to work at the local university.  Do you see a problem here? No way I am leaving a developmentally delayed 15 year old, a 14 year old and a crabby 12 year old alone at home.  So we are flying my mom in from the Northeast for a 9 day working visit.

*******
I am running a contest on my Postcard blog.  I am giving away 3 chances to make your own postcards, courtesy of MOO.  So far only 11 people have entered, so the odds could be in your favor.  Please see THIS POST and leave a comment for a chance.  Contest closes Aug. 14.

Well that is probably enough fragments for now.
Still no tomatoes,
Viridian

7 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

Having lived through a house full of teenagers I've concluded they are aliens. On the bright side of your camper's letter - maybe she will appreciate home more now. Well at least for a minute or two. best of luck

Carrie B said...

Bless your Mom. :)

visiting from Fragments...

Claudya Martinez said...

I am hoping the stress in your life finds its way out.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Hoping for stress-free days, although I remember the teen-aged years ... stress is pretty much a given. :-(

23 days until school? You're the first blogger I've encountered who has to wait that long for school to resume ... almost everyone else has either started or will next week.

Hoping you get some tomatoes soon.

Keetha Broyles said...

It breaks my heart when kids don't love camp - - - I never had a bad camp experience.

But, a young boy from our church had a "rough housing" type counselor and absolutely HATED camp because of that counselor.

Makes me very sad.

Unknown said...

I didn't like my one summer experience at camp, at least at first. However, I left with still not loving it, and I never went back. I hope, too, your stress won't be so bad.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

My parents take my kids for my Teacher Work Week too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails