Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Jane Inspiration: Architecture









In walking around my hometown with Jane Stickle's quilt on my mind, I see all sorts of inspirations. I wonder if she was inspired by architecture too. These houses were likely built after the Civil War but the gables are inspiring. This first house I call Jane's House - I love the diamond window with stained glass at the top of the dormer.



The white house is a few blocks away. What a delight! I want to piece a triangle like this. This is one of the older houses in town (other than the log cabin) and one of my favorites. Still has its carriage house to the side of the house.











The third house is right across the street from Jane's House. The gable window here is just like the block Quilt Jail.

Viridian61

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails