Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tuesday Quilt block August 4

This past week, Barbara Brackman discussed Lapis Blue, a fabric style and color I have seen before, but was not aware what it was called.  It is a clear blue, often with red, often in a chintz style.


Yeah, like that.  Or perhaps like:


These are fabrics that have been in my stash for many years - and I am very glad I purchased them.  They are from a fabric that had four different patterns printed in bands from selvage to selvage.  I wish I had purchased more than 1/2 yard at the time!

I am linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Quilt Story as I do most weeks I have blocks to share. Both blog hops have pictures of pretty quilt blocks and other projects. I am also joining Work in Progress Wednesday - some colorful and interesting projects there!

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

Pin It

1 comment:

andrea @ tideline quilts said...

Very pretty blocks! I love background blenders that read as a solid, but feature a pretty pattern - my favourite way to create a block! Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt top with these blocks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails