Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tuesday Quilt Block July 14

Deep in Summer, I am still plugging along, making Stars in a Time Warp blocks.  I am glad I pulled out my pillar prints from the deep stash.  For they were featured last week on Barbara Brackman's blog.


They are not reproduced in the modern world very much.  I am glad I have a yard of the print above, and I wish I had more.  It is a large scale print: only 6 pillars and flowers across 44 inches of fabric, and a 3.5 inch block of fabric can only catch so much.  I bought it years ago.


This fabric is younger.  When it was almost all gone from the stores I decided I must have the pillar print.  All gone, except for one on-line retailer.  I purchased a bundle of mostly ugly fat quarters of a collection to get the one fat quarter I wanted - this pillar print.  Also a large -scale fabric, and only part is captured in this block.

I am linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Quilt Story as I do most weeks I have blocks to share. Both blog hops have pictures of pretty quilt blocks and other projects. I am also joining Work in Progress Wednesday - some colorful and interesting projects there!

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

  Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails