Sunday, November 7, 2010

I may be nearly insane!


I must be nearly insane to start on a new project esp. at this time of the school year.  But a small group of us on a Yahoo list for this admirers of this antique quilt have decided to challenge ourselves to a block a week.

What is this project?  See the link to the left.  An antique quilt featured in a quilt calendar became the obsession for Liz Lois, who drafted the patterns. 
Each block finishes at 6 inches (large compared to Dear Jane blocks!)  I forget how many there are in the whole quilt - 90??  Pictured above is my first block, labeled #6 in the Nearly Insane book.  The colors and fabrics I chose are very close to the original.  I have two other blocks done, and I'll post them later this week.

viridian

1 comment:

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh this is beautiful! Good Luck my friend.

Thanks so much for visiting The Old Parsonage and your sweet comment.

Leann

Related Posts with Thumbnails