Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Growing Up Odd continues

Hello and welcome to my continuing parade of UFO's (unfinished objects).

This weekend it was the turn for my Growing Up Odd project to advance.  I completed 4 blocks and laid them on the floor with sashing material in between, to see how they look.  The little dark area in the center is the carpet, showing through where my sashing  strips don't quite meet.


The 4 blocks are not sewn together yet.  I am not sure I like this layout.

The pattern is from the Wedding Dress Blue blog.  She rotated her blocks, and I may do so too.  Her top was 90 by 90 inches (25 blocks)  but I have 12 blocks for a much smaller quilt - a throw size.  This week's plans are to finish the other 8 blocks, and lay them out to try to find a pleasing arrangement.

I of course have many 2 inch squares of fabric left over - I cut too much!

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread ThursdayCan I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

Susan said...

I think it looks pretty good. If it were mine, I'd probably add that cream in the sashing as a border, then another multicolor print as a final border.

Bonnie said...

Looks like you are making great progress on this quilt. Have you thought of using a little darker sashing? To me all I see is the sashing -- it's stealing the show from all the wonderful quilt blocks. Maybe a beige or even consider tea dying the sashing you have. No doubt it will be great when it is finished no matter what you do.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck deciding on a layout for your Growing Up Odd quilt top!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Lovely scrap quilt. You can never have too many pre-cut squares. This is why finishing one quilt simply leads to making the next one.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is just going to be so great!

Vivian said...

It's looking good! Well you know what too many extra squares mean: cue the next scrap project! that one can start as a leader/ender as you work on sewing this one together, I'm just sayin'.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails