Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Growing Up Odd begins

 Good Day, and welcome to my blog!

In the waning days of the old year, I cut 2 inch squares for yet another project.  Yes, a UFO, officially as of Jan. 1 2021.  This is a project I've had my eye on for awhile, the Growing Up Odd quilt pattern, on the Wedding Dress Blue blog.  Since I was making quilts with civil war and 1800's reproduction fabrics, I cut a few extra squares for this project.  It looks like a lot of squares in the box, but boy, a lot are used in this pattern.

Below, my beginning segments, laid out on the back of a quilt, not sewn together just yet:


This makes one block when sewn together with sashing.  I'll be using unbleached muslin left over from quilt backing.  Yes a bit of brown and pink, a little yellow, not much green.  That's what I have been using lately.  This will be a long term, pick up project, in between other projects.  I may cut some more fabric from stash too!

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I made this quilt a few years ago, trying to use up my 2 ½ scrap squares. My top is 110 x 110, and I still have a bin full of 2 ½ squares. It was a fun quilt to make, and it grows quickly.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my gosh - this is going to be so cool!! your colors are awesome! Ps thanks for the link... now I have another one I want to make haha

Gwyned Trefethen said...

You had me at the title and kept me with the scraps. Will you be using white/biege as your background fabric or possibly going gutsy with something outside of neutrals to spice things up?

viridian said...

I'll be using unbleached muslin to keep with the antique look.

Jennifer said...

great start to a fabulous quilt! i made a Growing Up Odd quilt for my RSC17(?) project. it's huge! (and still waiting to be quilted, unfortunately...)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

This pattern looks so good in your repro scraps! It's inspiring me to see what I've got in the 2 in. square drawer. Good luck!

For the love of geese said...

You have my attention at unbleached muslin. It is going to look so vintage. can't wait to see your progress. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails