Thursday, March 11, 2021

New Project takes over

 Good day, and I am back again.

In my last blog post, a few weeks ago now, I described the Growing Up Odd project, and my raft of leftover 2 inch squares.  Well, I found a way to use most of my squares: start a new project!

I have sewn my 2 inch (cut) squares into 16 patches, and set them alternating with unbleached muslin squares.  And why not put them on point:


OK, only partly put together, and sorry for the shadows.  But you get the idea.  And of course a closer view:


All sorts of Civil War reproduction fabrics, lots of browns.  This will be crib or throw sized.  

And I still have leftover squares. Not enough though to make more rows or columns to make this top bigger.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread ThursdayCan I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

9 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi
Great job getting a project done. Your quilt
is beautiful...have a great day!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOVE it!!! Its going to be a great quilt!!! Those squares are so pretty!

grammajudyb said...

I like the darker squares with muslin! On point is the perfect setting!

Karen's Korner said...

Another gorgeous scrappy in the making.

SherryB said...

The strangest thing---I just happened to notice how full my box of 2" squares was getting the other day, and I ALSO started making 16-patches! I was going to join them with cream sashing and cornerstones, but think I might do them on point like yours after seeing your pictures. Thanks for the great idea!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great way to use 2 inch squares! Your project is lovely!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Excellent way to use those leftover squares!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

What a nice setting for your pretty scraps! Very inspiring.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great use of scraps. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails