Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Treasures of Alexandria done and bound

 Good day, and welcome to my blog.

I have a finish to report.  I bought fabric and charm squares over Christmas 2019, and pieced the top for this quilt in February 2020, as described in this post.  How long ago this seems, and how many Covid related restrictions we have seen.  It went off to the long arm quilter I use some time ago, and has sat in my sewing room for some time.  Time to finish it up.

The fabric line is called Treasures of Alexandria, and that is what I am calling this quilt.  It is about 65 by 80 inches (a guess) as I didn't measure it.  It has a very close quilting pattern on thin cotton batting, making for a thinner, flat quilt.


A simple pattern for busy fabrics with lots of gold highlights.  Below, a close up view:


Bound with the same fabric as the outer border.  I like to do this frequently.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread ThursdayCan I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

7 comments:

Susan said...

Nice! And the perfect name for it too!

Quiltpiecer said...

The fabrics are so elegant. So pretty!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Pretty finish. I love the simple design.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting this pretty quilt finished up!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a great choice for a border fabric. It brings the whole quilt together and the focus to the piecing.

Vivian said...

I like it! Thanks for sharing!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

it is beautiful - and such an appropriate name!

Related Posts with Thumbnails