Wednesday, December 30, 2020

New log cabin project is farther along

 The new UFO I showed last week is farther along.  I have a better view of what it is going to look like, and I like it.

Mission: to use blue and brown Civil War and 1800's reproduction fabrics, in a pleasing fashion.  Result: with the log cabin pattern swirling in my head, I made dark log cabin blocks, browns on one side, blues on the other, with a yellow center block. I am reminded of a winter sky at twilight, and the winter browns of trees and ground.  I am not tired of this pattern yet.  I have 38 blocks, and I laid them out for a photo:


Not sewn together yet.  Each block finishes at 10 inches square, and a 60 inch square quilt is an odd size.  So more sewing is in my future.  I cut more strips this week to get ready.

In the meantime, I am distracted by another project.  Isn't that always the way?  Maybe I'll show this yet-another-project next week.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks great!

Jeanne said...


jaserven@aol.com

I love the blue and brown color scheme for one of my favorite blocks!!






Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my - this is just beautiful - the colors are so pretty together and that yellow - makes everything pop!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Great use of the reproduction fabric. They are the perfect choice for a log cabin quilt. The yellow warms everything up.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It is looking great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap,

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a lovely color combination for these Log Cabin blocks. A distraction? What a surprise! (Not!)
Looking forward to maybe seeing it next week. :o))

Related Posts with Thumbnails