Thursday, January 21, 2021

Pink and white quilt done!

 Good day and welcome to my blog.  I have been away for a week, as I had nothing new to show anyone.  But now I do:  The behemoth pink and white log cabin quilt is done, done:

This photo shows just a portion of the 90 by 100 inch quilt.  I hope you can see the feathers that the long arm quilter that I use has quilted in.

A closer look:


It is labeled with my name, date, place, and a note that this was finished in Covid time.  
This quilt is now on my bed.  It has wool batting and is so cozy.  It's definitely appreciated this January.

I unearthed a 2.5 yard piece of pink reproduction fabric (not used in the quilt) for binding.  That led to the unearthing of an old UFO.  But more on that next week.  :-)

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-Marie Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

7 comments:

Norma Schlager said...

I enjoyed watching your progress on this very pretty quilt. Great finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on finishing up this beauty!! You found a UFO? I'll be looking forward to hearing that story.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is gorgeous!! and yes - those feathers are just perfect for it!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful quilt and I look forward to reading about your archeological find!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great finish viridian. Thanks for sharing your lovely quilt with Oh Scrap!

Carissa said...

I've long been in love with log cabin quilts and yours is fabulous! Lovely work!

Deb said...

I just love log cabins! Now was that a RSC item? It is just a beautiful quilt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails