Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Why not a new UFO?

 ... A new UFO (un-finished object) to carry into the New Year?  I sometimes play the UFO game.  I am part of an internet group where we keep track of UFO's and try to get them done.  Any project started in 2020 or earlier officially becomes a UFO on Jan. 1 2021.  I try and cut some new projects at the end of December, just so that I can finish them in the new year.

And, I have a lot of Civil War and 1800's reproduction fabrics, that I really should use up, instead of purchasing new fabric.  I have used my reds and shirting fabric, and pinks and shirtings, in previous projects.  I found I had lots of browns and blues, so started cutting 1.5 inch strips for yet another log cabin quilt.  Yes I have the log cabin pattern on my brain.

I plan on having 4 'logs' on each side of this block, for a 10 inch block.  This is what I have now to show you:


Just 2 rounds on each side but you see the look.  I will not have a light/dark contrast but I am hoping for a rich look when I am done.  More work will be done on these blocks later today.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-Marie,  Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the new project--log cabin and 1800s repros are favorites of mine too. I think you will definitely have a rich looking quilt.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I say anything that is started in December doesn't count :)

This one is going to be so rich in color. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful and rich colors, It's going to be a lovely new project!

Related Posts with Thumbnails