Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Avignon Picnic bound and done

 Hello and welcome to my blog.  

First an update on my last post, on the pink and white log cabin quilt:  It is back from the quilter's!  Swirling feathers are quilted all over.  I may not get to trim and bind it until after Christmas, or even early next year.

This post:  a finish, thought not a home for this one yet.  The pattern is Avignon Picnic, and the top is done in unbleached muslin and 1930's reproduction fabric.  Close to my usual finished size, about 60 -70 inches by 80 or 85 inches.


And a close up, as I always do:


You can't really see it, but the quilting pattern is leaves.  The top was pieced in 2018 (I think).  I have UFO's much older than that!  Maybe I'll get to them in 2021.  One can always plan.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

11 comments:

Angela said...

Lovely quilt!

Nann said...

Did you schedule with the longarmer? Last week I called the make an appointment with mine -- for the end of January! The actual quilting doesn't take long, but her business is busy........The Avignon quilt turned out nicely --30's prints are so cheerful.

viridian said...

Nann:
I dropped off the top last week and she was done in a week! I thought she would be more busy with Christmas almost here. Maybe she works fast, and works all day at it.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love the design and soft colors. Wonderful!

chrisknits said...

What a wonderful finish. I love the vintage look.

Rebecca Grace said...

What a lovely finish, Viridian! I loved that top when you posted it before, and the quilting has only made it that much more beautiful. How wonderful that you were able to get it back so quickly!

Jayne said...

Very pretty finish! I love the design of this one and the use of the 30's fabric is perfect!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

it turned out great - I think the 30's prints are so pretty this way!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great idea to use the 30s prints in this pattern! Congratulations on a lovely quilt.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

That pattern is perfect for those 30's prints. I think your finish is lovely. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Well done on your finish. That pattern worked well with those reproduction prints!

Related Posts with Thumbnails