Friday, December 31, 2021

Closing out the year with some border progress

 Good day on New Year's Eve!  Welcome to my blog.

I am closing out the year with some progress on a stalled UFO.  It's been a very busy fall at work and I haven't gotten into my sewing room as much as I would like.  But yesterday I felt energized and I put borders on my Dutchman's Puzzle, simmering for some time.  I blogged about the range of fabrics - ages and styles, in this post.

New batik fabric borders really perk up the top.


The blue is the same fabric as in the sashing.  The red is also a mottled batik fabric.  And a view of a corner:


That red really jazzes things up, and pulls out the reds in the blocks.

Happy New Year to you!!  Here is hoping for a better 2022.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread Thursday,  Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

8 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That red really does jazz it up!! That is a great border for this awesome quilt!!!

Angela said...

Such a pretty quilt!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Excellent border choice. It frames the quilt nicely.

Margaret said...

It's a delightful quilt -- and that red "zinger" does a great job to make it come alive. Happy New Year!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Beautiful quilt! I enjoyed reading about the age range of the fabrics in it. I did quilt documentations for 10 years, and we often saw antique scrap quilts with fabrics spanning 30 years or more. It was fun for us to look at. Scraps can have a long life before they end up in a quilt.

scraphappy said...

The unified border and sashing fabrics really do tie all those blocks together. So many fun fabrics to enjoy!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great border choices for that lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting the borders attached! Such a lovely way to finish out 2021. Happy New Year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails