Wednesday, December 8, 2021

A finish - Crayon Box

 Good day and welcome to my blog post for this week!

It's been a very busy fall for me, and so I haven't been sewing or quilting as much as I would like.  My Dutchman's Puzzle top is still lying on the design floor, waiting on borders.  However I did pull out a project and bound it this last weekend.  Pieced in Sept. 2020, and machine quilted by a local lady who does a great job:


This pattern is Crayon Box, a free pattern available on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville website.  These are all Civil War and 1800's reproduction fabrics in this quilt.  I have a lot and I was trying to get them used up.  Scary thing:  All the strips cut for this quilt fit in a shoe box!  How many quilts are represented in my stash!

Here is a close up of the border.  You can see the fabrics used and the great quilting.


Final size: 91 by 91 inches.  Too big for my home sewing machine, so I am glad I "quilted by check".

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread Thursday,  Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

Deb said...

I love "quilted by check" ! It is so nice to have a quilted in reserve to
bind up when you have a smaller block of quilting time. Your Crayon Box looks
very inviting! Enjoy the holiday season! Stay safe and sew on !

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh That is a beauty!!! Those prints are just amazing together. um, kinda scray, that all the strips fit in a shoebox... how many quilts am I sitting on with my *stash* Yikes!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such a pretty quilt and love the design. I will have to look for this freebie on Bonnie's site. Have a great weekend.

Margaret said...

Your "Crayon Box" is terrific! I've made a couple of Bonnie's freebies but not this one. That said, I've stacks of rectangles and squares that might just work. Love it scrappy! Merry Christmas...and happy quilting!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Between the repro fabrics and that amazing quilting, that turned out SEW beautifully!!

grammajudyb said...

Isn’t that true about stash? It’s hard to use it all up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails