Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Film at Five is now a top

First off, this pattern is from the blog of Wedding Dress Blue, and I have had my eye on it for some time.
The start of this project is described in this post.
Continuing on is described in this post.
Well in this time of COVID-19 I soldiered on and finished all the sashing, used up almost all my unbleached muslin on hand, and now have a top:


In my messy sewing corner of the basement.

A closeup of the vintage feedsack and other fabrics:


I used 2 inch squares to start, so each square is 1.5 inches finished.  Whew!  It turned out a bit bigger than I had initially planned.
Now to decide about quilting it: myself on my trusty domestic machine?  Or sent it out to a local long-arm quilter?  Well I will decide later.
This top is now off my 'design floor' and a set of red and white log cabin blocks has taken its place.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

11 comments:

Susan said...

Looking so good! And huge!

For the love of geese said...

It turned out beautifully. Truly! thank you for linking up to Put your foot down. Cant wait to see the quilted finish.

PaintedThread said...

I've been eyeing that pattern for a long time, too. Yours looks lovely!

Sarah Aldrich said...

I love, love, love this quilt!

Sarah Aldrich said...

I already said that I love this quilt, well I followed the link, read the tutorial and decided that it is perfect for some 1930’s Blocks I’ve been making. The only difference is that my 25 patch blocks will have randomly placed solid color friendship stars. I am so excited to move this project forward.!!!

chrisknits said...

Love it! I am inspired to get out my box of 2" squares and start sewing them together!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabulous quilt top! You have been SEW good about seeing it through to completion. Nicely done!

grammajudyb said...

I’ve had my eye on a couple of Wedding Dress Blues’ patterns. This one is one of them. I’ve been cutting and cutting 2 “ squares. Someday...I’ll have enough!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Congrats on a great finish!!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

So much scrappy goodness in this quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Jenny said...

This is a lovely design, well done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails