Wednesday, August 26, 2026

What to do with all these scraps?

 Hello, and welcome to my blog.

It's time to do some clean-up of scraps, which in my case means using strips that I have overcut.

I have: one inch strips for a mini log cabin:


1.5 inch strips from two log cabin projects:  brown strips and lots of pink strips.


1.5 inch strips leftover from my Pie Birds project.


And cut offs from my prep for the flying geese project.


Since I had strips, I used the light fabrics in this last picture as a center, and added strips around it, log cabin style.  Here is a set of about 60 mini-blocks.


Here are the leftover 1 inch strips.  I have no qualms about tossing these out.


Next:  Add the 1.5 inch strips, log cabin style and build these "crumb" blocks up to at least 6 inches square, or larger.  Lots of pink and brown strips will continue the color story.


Stay tuned!

Linking up with Monday Musings, Sew and Tell at Melva Loves Scraps, Design Wall Monday, Wednesday Wait Loss, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Nina-Marie, Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, From Bolt to Beauty, I Quilted This! at Quilting and Learning, Frederique at Quilting, Patchwork, Applique, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great idea for your strips and squares! Pretty colors, too!

Kat Scribner said...

I think you have a lovely Duckworth quilt in the making. I love browns.

viridian said...

Kat you are absolutely right - these are Duckworth blocks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails