Thursday, May 18, 2023

Two tops done; one to be quilted

 Good day, and welcome to a cool but pretty day in the American Midwest!

I have been busy sewing in my corner of the basement (quilting nook).  First up:  a finish of a top in real feedsack and vintage fabrics.


This is the pattern Flower Garden from the book Scraps plus One.  I am sorry, I do not have the author's name.  This quilt is now at the long armer that I use, Boone's quilting (find her on Facebook).

A close up, so you can see the fabrics used:


I love these fabrics from the 1930's and 1940's.  Hey, I love all sorts of reproduction fabrics.

Moving to a very different era, here is a Snowball block quilt:


The top has a very dark navy border, and is nearly square.  I describe the beginning of this project in this blog post.   Each block finishes at 4 inches square.


Those little triangles are one inch on a side.  I'd like to make this pattern again, but in bigger sized blocks.  The reproduction fabrics used here remind one of the late 1800's and very early 1900's.  As I said, I love all sorts of reproduction fabrics.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

4 comments:

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

I love reproductions as well! Your Flower Garden top is amazing--I love looking at those genuine antique fabrics because I so love history. Your snowball quilt is lovely in those reproductions and very patriotic! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

Jenny said...

Love those snowball blocks!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Both quilts are so pretty -
I am drawn to the flower garden one - Love the fabrics and the way you used them!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What great tops! Snowball blocks are so dynamic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails