Thursday, March 24, 2022

Blue and Brown log cabin quilt done

 Good day and welcome to a cool Spring day in the American Midwest.  I am busy with my day job but have a finish to report.  

Last year I was piecing and assembling a log cabin quilt in blues and brown.  I used all 1800's reproduction fabric, of which I have quite a bit.  I sent it out to the local long arm quilter, who does a great job.  I finally got around to trimming and binding it last weekend.

An overall view, in my messy sewing area:


The colors are close to the same value, but overall it reminds me of winter dusk - that deep blue sky and the brown of the ground and the trees.  I am calling this quilt Winter.

A close view of the fabrics used:


And a view of the back, showing the excellent quilting:


Well, sort of.  I prepared yards of blue binding for this project and had just enough.  Below is an image of my end join and the amount of binding I had left:  talk about playing chicken!


Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread Thursday,  Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

9 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Congrats on your finish, it is really pretty with such a country home vibe.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL! That was a close game of Binding Chicken!! :o))
Spectacular quilt finish!! Proof that choosing different colors in similar values can work perfectly (given the right quilt pattern.)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Such a beauty!!!! love those colors together - and shew!! just made it!!!

grammajudyb said...

Blue and brown, a favorite color combination of mine! Probably because my very first quilt was in those colors! Great job at “just the right amount of binding!” Only a mall addition to the scrap stash! Hooray!

chrisknits said...

It's wonderful!!! I have seen that binding issue way too many times!! LOL Great finish.

Ivani said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lovely finish with a great color combination. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Sandy said...

Mmmm … a blue and brown log cabin … after my own heart! Besides all those gorgeous blue and brown repros, I love the yellow centers and the bits of red throughout. Nice!

For the love of geese said...

Oh isn't this pretty. I love that splash of blue with the earth tones, beautiful job. Thank you so much for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails