Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Visiting an old friend

 I am visiting my parents' house this week and staying in the guest room.  I am re-aquainting myself with an old friend,


This is a vintage top, circa 1900, that I found at an antique fair.  I added new batting and backing and hand quilted it, and gave it to my mom for Christmas a few years ago.  The top was in excellent shape, except for one thin brown fabric, which had split in a few places.


I hand quilted it anyway.  Such a wide variety of everyday fabrics from the scrap bag.


Including some that were pieced together to make a patch big enough.


Some of these fabrics, or similar ones, have been reproduced by modern manufacturers.  I have some of the blues here, like the top blue with the lines.


Others, I wish they would reproduce!


Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread Thursday,  Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

What a wonderful find and a fun quit to visit! :)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

A great old quilt, nice job finishing it. My favorite antique quilts are ones like this, made from every little scrap.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

THat is just a beautiful quilt!!! Your hand quilting rescued it
how great to visit it again!!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful old quilt. I love the red fabric. How wonderful it is used the way it was intended!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your visit and thanks for introducing us to your old friend!

For the love of geese said...

I love the striped fabric in your 9 patches. Hope you had a good visit and thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails