Thursday, April 8, 2021

Mini quilt for a swap and other progress

 Good day, and welcome to my blog.

I have a project in progress to share.  I signed up for Lori's Humble mini-quilt swap, and I am partly along in the machine quilting of this little one:


The broken dishes pattern, and note that pinwheels appear when you set the blocks side by side.  The mini or doll quilts are supposed to look as if they time traveled from the past.  I am imagining a woman in 1890, using leftover squares and bits from a recent quilt project, making a doll quilt for her daughter.

Other progress:  Three at a time quilt project is now a top.  This is a picture showing more progress:


And growing up odd is now a top:


Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread ThursdayCan I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

8 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Oh! Fun to see your Growing Up Odd top! It’s on my list of “Quilts to Do”! I also like the Three At a Time! Such happy “citrusy” ( is that a word?) colors!

chrisknits said...

What a sweet little quilt!

Deb said...

Love your quilts! I have made a broken dishes in yellow and it was a delight.
Growing up odd may be on my list now! And three at a time! Really my kind of quilt! Thank you for sharing .
Stay safe and sew on!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabulous progress on your lovely projects!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I have an over abundance of 2 inch squares and am intrigued by your Growing Up Odd quilt. . .I will put that project on my list! All your projects are lovely!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Fabulous progress!!

Miaismine said...

All beautiful quilts - especially your mini. So pretty!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You made some great progress this week. Thanks for linking up with Oh!

Related Posts with Thumbnails