Wednesday, March 24, 2021

For National Quilting Day: A new project

 Welcome to my usual Wednesday posting.  March 20 was National Quilting Day, and even though I have several projects ongoing, I decided to start a new project.  Hey why not?  And in different colors and fabrics than my usual Civil War and 1800's reproduction fabrics.

I had saved in my files a free pattern called Three at a Time:

https://www.fatquartershop.com/three-at-a-time-quilt-free-pdf-pattern

And decided to start on it.  You need a Jelly roll with 40 strips of fabric, and at least 2 yards of background fabric. though more would be better.  I had this Jelly roll from Lunn fabrics:


A beautiful array of blue, green, lime, yellow and orange batiks.  Following directions, this is as far as I have gotten:


Love the movement in this one.  The background is a dark charcoal gray, slightly mottled fabric.  The quilt is assembled in long columns and I have yet to sew them together.  You get the sense of where this is heading however.

I like this pattern - I may try it in 30's reproductions and unbleached muslin next!

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread Thursday Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the pattern link to your lovely quilt!

chrisknits said...

Looks like a quick and easy project! And with the dark background it is stunning.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

of course its always good to start a new project ;-) My favorite thing to do. The one you chose is beautiful!! I really like how the black makes those colors sing!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Beautiful colors, great pattern. I would love to see it in thirties prints, too!

maggie fellow said...

Really nice quilt - It would look nice is many fabrics

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I like where this is headed. Thanks for sharing the tutorial and linking up with Oh Scrap!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I like that in honor of National Quilting Day, you started a new project! It is a great project. I love your dark charcoal as the background!

Related Posts with Thumbnails