Thursday, April 15, 2021

A finish: Double 4 patch quilt

 Good day and welcome to my blog!

I have a finish to show, a quilt started last year.  The stashbuster block for 2020 found here:

https://media.rainpos.com/5177/the_stash_buster_challenge_2020_block_instructions_v2.pdf

is the pattern I used.  One has to plan which two colors to go together in the block, but then it works up quickly.  I used Civil War reproduction fabric.  I sure have a lot of it and I am trying to get the volume down.  My quilt ended up to be about 70 by 85 inches, but the picture I took of the whole quilt on my phone won't upload to my email.  Curious.

Anyhow, here is a shot of the corner:


And a view of the quilting, seen on the back:


Pardon the shadows!  The quilting was done by a local lady who has a long arm business.  She does a fantastic job.  I just dropped off two more quilts to her.

This one I hope to give away to a family member.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread ThursdayCan I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

10 comments:

Janis said...

I really like your double four patch quilt, congratulations on your finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your quilt turned out great! I made a few of those blocks last year, but not enough to have a quilt. Maybe some day!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your stashbuster quilt turned out great. Congratulations!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Fabulous quilt and such pretty fabrics. Always love a good four patch quilt. Happy quilting.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish! I'm sure your family member will love it.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Whoot Whoot!! Great finish!

gayle said...

I'm a big fan of four-patch quilts! What a beauty you've made!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great pattern to use your stash! Congratulations on a finish!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Always love four patch quilts and such pretty fabrics.Happy quilting.

For the love of geese said...

So glad to see the finish, the longarmer did a wonderful job on the feathers. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails