Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Double 4 patch in progress

 Hello and welcome to my blog!

In my last post I listed three projects that were next in line, and how I was cutting up scraps and pieces of Civil war reproduction fabric for them.  Well today I can report on progress on one of these, the double 4 patch.  Blocks are laid out, but not sewn together yet.

I thought the browns and blues would lead to a dull quilt so I cut lots of yellows and red fabrics.  So it is now a bit more lively than I thought.  A close-up:

This quilt will be a record of my fabric collection.  Actually only a portion - there are boxes of fabric I didn't pull down form the shelves!

Final size?  I'll determine this when I run out of cut fabric pieces.  Probably about 60 by 80 inches, which is the size of the floor I use for laying out projects. (Grin).

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

10 comments:

Miaismine said...

Your quilt looks so complicated, but you showed how easy it can be. How wonderful to have a record of part of your stash! Great idea!

Nann said...

You've got some really good stashbusters in progress! Thanks for the reminder about the Stash Buster Challenge block.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm making ONE block per month for the Stash Buster Challenge and here you have nearly an entire quilt's worth of blocks? Go, you!!

Susan said...

Looking good with all that color - everything plays nice!

Bonnie said...

I had to really look at our block close up to figure out how it would be considered a double four patch. OH... why it sure is! Isn't wonderful to make a dent in your stash? I hope you get that top done soon! Have a great weekend.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Oh, I love these blocks! And we even have some of the same fabrics! This will be a terrific quilt.

Cathy said...

Your blocks look so warm and inviting. I think it will make for a nice cozy fabric catalog.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is looking SO great!! Those blocks are just perfect to show off your great fabric collection!! Stunner!!

chrisknits said...

What a striking quilt! Just love all the colors.

Denise @fortheloveofgeese said...

Wow what a great inventory quilt. If I made a quilt using a little patch for all my fabric it would barely be a doll quilt. This is going to be stunning. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails