Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Crayon Box quilt done

 Hello and welcome.  Life is speeding up as the fall semester of my University get closer - I start on Monday!  But for the end of summer I finished up an older UFO.  I think I pieced it in 2018, and had a local long arm quilter quilt it in 2019.  It is Crayon Box, a pattern by Bonnie Hunter, resized for using 2 inch strips.  I used a variety of 30's and 40's reproduction fabrics.

Unbleached muslin is used for the center squares.  The 30's fabrics are the same style, so they play well together, even with widely different colors.

I ran out of the yellow I used for the border, so used another fabric to prepare binding.  This three yard length of fabric has been used for binding for two quilts now.  Size is about 72 by 90 inches, a little larger than I usually do.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

12 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

looks great!

Bonnie said...

Great Finish! I recognize some of those fabrics. Reminds me I need to use my 30s fabric. Must get go with fabrics though. One of these days.

Denise @fortheloveofgeese said...

It's a beautiful finish. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a lovely finish! That pattern makes such a great scrap quilt.

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Crayon Box quilt is lovely, Viridian, and the colors are perfect for bidding a last goodbye to summer. Good luck with the craziness that comes along with Back to School this year. Will you be all online, or in person with masks and social distancing?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a beautiful finish!! Hope your fall semester is uneventful ;-)

Miri said...

Beautiful! I love the different fabric binding-it really goes with the colorful quilt.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

What a lovely quilt, and a great pattern for using 1930s reproductions. Good luck with your classes, and stay safe.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Congratulations on your finish - that's such a pretty quilt! I'll have to go check out the pattern - looks like a good way to use up scrappy strips.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Wonderful scrappy goodness. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

gayle said...

What a great scrappy quilt! I went and looked at Bonnie's pattern (since it didn't ring a bell) and I really like your version without the sashing!

grammajudyb said...

I really like your version of Crayons Box! It’s a great way to use up those precious bits of 30s and 40s reproduction fabrics. Well done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails