Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Green and white baby quilt start

 Good day, and welcome to my blog!

A new addition to the extended family is due later in January to my nephew and his wife.  I have started a project in the colors of their nursery.  And since I have the log cabin pattern on my mind,  I started green and white blocks:


In reproduction fabrics - I have a lot in my stash.  Logs finish at 1.5 inches, the block is 12 inches, finished.  I like the look of 4 together:


But I suspect I will set the blocks in the straight furrow setting.  I have 20 blocks for a 4 by 5 set.

I have fabric for the backing, which is not a reproduction fabric, but is so cute!


Now to wash the backing fabric, and push on with getting the front of the quilt done.  Then off to the local long arm quilter I have used before - she does a great job.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-Marie,  Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is going to be such a pretty quilt, love the backing fabric! Happy stitching!

Nann said...

What a great combination! Your quilt will be cherished.

chrisknits said...

Love those blocks! The colors are just perfect together.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a great color Combination!! and what a sweet gift for a baby!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

So exciting to have a new baby on the way! And perfect to greet it with a little baby quilt. Looks like you are almost ready! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/6/wednesday-wait-loss-357

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great backing fabric to go with those pretty log cabin blocks! Babies are always exciting to welcome to the world . . .a new quilt is the perfect way to do it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails