Thursday, December 21, 2023

Green and white baby quilt: Almost done!

 Hello and welcome to my quilt blog!  I have been working away at this Green and White baby quilt, because the baby is due Jan. 24 2024 - but we know babies come on their own schedule.

The beginning of the project is described HERE.

I managed to get the 4 by 5 foot quilt to my long armers and she was able to fit it in.  Her Christmas rush was over.

Here is a view of the top:


Straight furrow setting.  And a close up:


Reproduction fabric - I have a lot of it!  Green and white are the colors of the nursery.  The quilt is back from the quilter's today, quilted with hearts and swirls.


Now for trimming and binding.  The quilt will go with the new grandma and grandpa as they travel to be with mom and dad for the birth.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-Marie,  Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

Very nice...not easy being green...

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The green and white is a pretty color combination, and I love the yellow squares as the centers, too! Thata lovely gift for a new baby.

karenbbsnow said...

Very sweet quilt, sure to be loved.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I just posted about a log cabin design too. It's the best quilt pattern in my opinion...and so fun with all the variations. I wrote on my blog about a curved log cabin. ://thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com/2023/12/22/curved-log-cabin-craze/ If you've never tried that one, I highly recommend it. It's not much different but gives a nice flair when pulled together. Well done on your baby quilt. I'm sure that little peanut will look incredible nestling in your warm and beautiful quilt.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Log cabin quilts are so versatile! This is lovely. Can't wait for the big reveal! Have a lovely Christmas! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/12/20/wednesday-wait-loss-359

Related Posts with Thumbnails